International workshop on
Hysteresis in magnetocaloric, electrocaloric and elastocaloric refrigeration
The workshop will take place from February 7 - 10, 2017 in Dresden, Germany.
Giant caloric effects can be obtained during first order phase transformations in magnetocaloric, elastocaloric and electrocaloric materials.
However, a drawback of first order phase transformation is the presence of hysteresis, which can reduce the efficiency of this type of solid state
refrigeration substantially. Describing, modeling and reducing hysteresis is still a challenge for theory, materials science and engineering.
This workshop will bring together groups with complementary theoretical and experimental expertise in order to develop understanding of hysteresis
during ferroic cooling bridging length scales and materials.
Peter Entel (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
Sebastian Fähler (IFW Dresden)
List of invited speakers
- M. Acet, Duisburg, Germany
- K. Albe, Darmstadt, Germany
- R. Arroyave, College Station, USA
- V. Basso, Torino, Italy
- E. Brück, Delft, Netherlands
- V. D. Buchelnikov, Chelyabinsk, Russia
- V. A. Chernenko, Bilbao, Spain
- C. Chluba, Kiel, Germany
- L. Cohen, London, UK
- P. Entel, Duisburg, Germany
- S. Fähler, Dresden, Germany
- A. Fujita, Nagoya, Japan
- M. E. Gruner, Duisburg, Germany
- T. Gottschall, Darmstadt, Germany
- O. Gutfleisch, Germany
- Y. Jin, Michigan, USA
- T. Kakeshita, Osaka, Japan
- I. Karaman, College Station, USA
- S. Kustov, Balearic Islands, Spain
- T. Lookman, Los Alamos, USA
- X. Moya, Cambridge, UK
- Ll. Manosa, Barcelona, Spain
- R. Niemann, Dresden, Germany
- A. Planes, Barcelona, Spain
- X. Ren, Tsukuba, Japan
- L. Righi, Parma, Italy
- A. Waske, Dresden, Germany
- A. Wieczorek, Bochum, Germany
Venue and registration
Start of workshop: 07.02.2017 at noon
End of workshop: 10.02.2017 at noon
Please return this registration form until November 11, 2016 to Svea Fleischer by email (s.fleischer @ ifw-dresden.de) or fax (+49 351 4659 541).
A limited number of rooms is reserved at the guest house of the TU Dresden. If you need a room please return the registration
in time to us, do not contact the guest house directly.
This workshop is generously supported by the DFG through SPP 1599.